Sunday, February 11, 2024

2024 Reading List

Looking for book ideas?  Check out our 202320222021202020192018201720162015 and 2014  reading lists!

Brazil: A Biography (Audible).  Just finished listening to this 28 hour history of the country. I can't imagine living or working in Brazil and not having read this comprehensive history that dates back to Brazil's "discovery" in the 1500s.  I plan to read the book itself over the next few months and take copious notes!

The Collector of Leftover Souls: Field Notes on Brazil's Everyday Insurrections.  This book is a collection of essaysFinished.  essential reading for any burgeoning Brasilophile.

Why I am Still Surprised by the Power of the Spirit: Discovering How God Speaks and Heals Today.  Great read--my full review is here. 

Beartown. Recommended to me as "Friday Night Lights" except with hockey.  That's a pretty fair description for this fast-paced read.  Set in the backwoods of a dying hockey town in Sweden--it's got sports, betrayal, and possibly murder--sports noir at its finest.  And it's a trilogy!

Tribe of Mentors.  Currently reading. My full review will be here. 

The Italians. Was reading but misplaced the book.  If I find it I will finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment