Monday, December 15, 2014

The Bourbon Buffalo Comes to Madagascar

APRIL 2016 UPDATE:  The Malagasy government shut down all the duty free shops in town.  Awesome.

The SO Duty Free by the Jumbo complex (next to Oceans and TAF Le Gourmet) has actual bourbon (not counting the ubiquitous Jack Daniels bottles everywhere as bourbon)!

They carry Buffalo Trace for 30 euros a bottles which isn't cheap ($10 more expensive than at BEVMO in the states)but it's the first bottle of bourbon I have seen being sold here in Madagascar.  I don't even like bourbon (personally I prefer rye) but I was excited to see this.

Incidentally, I also think they have the best selection of wine of all the duty free shops in Tana.  I am not sure if their computer system was done or what, though, because when we were there over the weekend, they were painfully typing in each bottle purchased on the keyboard and on a paper clipboard--so comme toujours ici be prepared to wait a little bit.






































Here's their contact information (no clue if they answer emails):
contact@soduty.com
034 05 604 62


No comments:

Post a Comment