Saturday, January 3, 2015

Our Wedding Vows--right where we can always find them

Why put your wedding vows somewhere you can find them easily (i.e., a google search away)?  See our yearly RE-reading list page (near the top of this blog) to find out why!

Also check out pretty much the best place to do your registry:










Emily’s Vows

I think the reason writing our vows scared me so much is because there are no words, however beautiful they may sound, that could EVER describe the love I feel for you.  I guess that is why someone came up with the word "love"-to make an attempt at describing this feeling.  So to be as accurate as I can be:


I love you more than "love".

Jack Kruse, you are the love of my life.  You are the reason I believe in soul mates.   You are everything I asked for in my prayers.  And most importantly, you are more than I could have ever known I needed.

And that point specifically is how I am sure today that God brought us together, and therefore I am sure that no man can separate this covenant.

I promise to work every day to be a better woman for you, a better wife, and a better friend.

I know our love will make it through the hardest of times.  I promise to never give up on us even if those hard times seem to never end.  Every day I will love you more than the day before.  All I know is that forever with you just doesn't seem long enough. 

I would like to end with a poem by Anne Bradstreet:

TO MY DEAR AND LOVING HUSBAND

If ever two were one, then surely we. 
If ever man were loved by wife, then thee;
If ever wife was happy in a man,
Compare with me this woman if you can.
I prize thy love more than whole mines of gold,
Or all the riches that the East doth hold.
My love is such that rivers cannot quench,
Nor ought but love from thee, give recompense. 
Thy love is such I can no way repay,
the heavens reward the manifolds I pray.
Than while we live, in love let's so persevere,
That when we live no more, we may live ever.



Jack’s Vows

From the Song of Solomon:

Who is this who looks like the dawn,
beautiful as the moon, bright as the sun,
awesome as an army with banners?

Behold you are beautiful my love, behold you are beautiful.
Your eyes are doves.

You are altogether beautiful my love
there is no flaw in you.

You have captivated my heart my bride
You have captivated my heart with one glance of your eyes.

How beautiful is your love my bride,
how much better is your love than wine.

Awake O north wind, and come O south wind
Blow upon my garden, let its spices flow.

Emily, my beloved, the keeper of my heart, my best friend, the crown upon my head:

Emily I choose you.
And my heart chooses you.
And my soul, my soul cries out to me
that is chooses you Emily. 
And God, He whispers softly, steadily with each beat of my heart
that He chose you, that he made you, as the love of my life,
as the only love FOR my life.

And so today as I am joined to you forever:

Emily I pledge to you, that I will ever stop pursuing you.
I pledge to you that I will never stop courting you.
I pledge to you that you will always be my girlfriend.
I pledge to you that our marriage, our relationship will be
my life's proudest and greatest UNFINISHED work.
Because I vow to you Emily, that I will never stop working,
that I will never stop loving you!

I vow to you that even when times are tough,
even if those tough times stretch to years,
my love for you with push through and that WE WILL persevere.

Emily, I vow to you before our friends, family and God that I will never give up on us.

As we are joined together with God today, I say to you there is no other option that you and I to be together, to stay together.

I pledge to you that I will always be faithful and will always honor you Emily.
I pledge to you that as the years pass by, as our hair grays (or grays more for me), as we grow old together,
that you will always be my standard of beauty. 

I pledge to you that I will pray for you increasingly and without fail.
I pledge to you that I will always protect you (and try my best not to manhandle you). 

I pledge to you Emily that you will always be my number ONE priority.
I pledge to you Emily that you will be my closest confidante.
I pledge to you that I will always be your greatest joygiver. 

And so today, the day we marry, I say that I have a new birthday. 
Today, June 29th, 2009 is the Birthday of My Life. 
Today Emily, I give you my heart, and today "I" die.
Today only you and “we” live on.
Today begins a life that is brighter, that is greater, that is more glorious than anything I could have ever imagined.
Today begins a life chosen for us by God.

And so Emily, I choose you today because my heart knows no other way than to love you completely and totally and purely. 

And today I celebrate that from this day forward, a true miracle grows deep inside my heart, the miracle that is the pure, committed, unabashed joy of your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment