Monday, February 9, 2015

Popping Tags in Tana--L'Antiquaire de Tana

Getting there:  L'Antiquaire de Tana actually shows up on google! (there's also a sister shop at the Waterfront).





The Antique shop is located in a giant mansion with a big parking lot--the proprietor is a french and has rented out the estate for a long time.  You can easily spend an hour walking through all the different rooms--pretty much anything you see is for sale.  They say the prices here are fixed but I think if you bought a couple of pieces there would be some wiggle room.  All in all the prices here are fair; there were, however, a few pieces with horribly inappropriate prices like a wooden high chair (like the ones they sell downtown for 60,000) that was priced at 200,000 Ar.

When you buy a piece you can walk out with it but for most pieces they will polish it up and make any needed repairs first (this service included in the price). They take VISA but ours wasn't working when we bought our piece.

DISCLAIMER: I didn't see the 'no taking pictures' sign until I had already taken the ones below. Anyway, I couldn't see any good reason why I shouldn't be able to take some pictures--me posting them here is free advertising for the shop.  I mean, I even googled 'why would an antique store not let me take pictures' and didn't come across a SINGLE good reason.  In fact, taking pictures also let's people take the pics home and get their feng shui on.

Below is the beautiful liquor cabinet that we purchased from there recently.






Looking out from front door

Cool Table

Need We Say More




Another pretty table



Love this pirogue book shelf

To be fair, I didn't see this until the very end--what's the point of this anyway





















No comments:

Post a Comment